17.6.09

Flight Day and Day 1 and 2

Okay, so I finally made it. Well, actually I made it yesterday at about 9:30 am (Dublin), so about 3:30 am (my body/Minnesota).

50 minute flight from Minneapolis to Chicago: By the time you finish going through the Skymall magazine (SO MANY COOL THINGS!!!), skimming through the airline's magazine about cool places to visit and the types of airplanes they have, and laughing at the visuals about plane safety, you are already on the descent and it doesn't even matter if you brought anything to do.

The only bad thing about that flight was the giant group of german students. That's not true. The bad thing is I had to sit behind the loud mouthed know-it-all from the german class. You know one of those people who has to either correct or add on to anything someone else says? Then he decided to turn up his headphones so everyone got to listen to Lady Gaga.

1 hour 20 minute flight from Chicago to Philadelphia: Ha. Yeah right. Supposed to depart at 4:00. 4:15. 4:25. So that means I only have an hour to get to my connection now... Oh and they downgraded so some people won't be able to take this plane like they originally planned. I freaked out a little. But apparently I was safe, so that's cool. Then we got stuck in a holding pattern for 20 minutes because of storms outside of Philadelphia, but it was so cool to fly through the pre-storm clouds. So then I had 30 minutes to get to the other end of the Philadelphia terminal when I landed.... Luckily that plane was running late too.

So while I was waiting in the Chicago airport, there was this group of women, I think about 5 or 6, and I just know they were moms. Not that there is anything bad about that for any moms reading this, but they were just noticeable. 5 or 6 women all asking the same questions, double checking what another one had just said, none of them completely trusting the other that they actually had done everything correctly.

5 hour 54 minute flight from Philadelphia to Dublin: SUCKED. Yes, to all of you who told me it would, you were right, but not for the reasons I think you were thinking of. I was sick. And then only got three hours of sleep because the change in pressure was not exactly friendly to my already upset stomach. Then, when I tried to go back to sleep, my arms and legs would shiver and spasm until I woke up. But I made it. I got to the airport, passport valified, luggage intact, exchanged money (which is horrid right now) and got a bus to the hostel I'll be staying in until the morning of the 18th.

Yesterday I napped for four hours and then just walked around to get my phone and some cough medecine. Haven't seen or done much, but I'll be around the area for the next 6 out of 7 weeks, so I'm not worried. Today, more napping, trying my hardest to feel better, and it's going okay. I will be finding out about my homestay family later this afternoon.

More later,

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment